If you couldn’t tell already, we LOVE the fall season. A time for sweaters, walks on a cool day and changing scenery, autumn is also a wonderful time to head outdoors with the family. Some may choose to camp while others treat themselves to seasonal tastes like apple cider and fresh pie. Should you be looking for an interactive group activity for your household, try a fall fair.
Popping up across the country, fall fairs are typically weekend long (some longer) events that provide opportunities to pick pumpkins, enjoy hayrides and corn mazes, meet farm animals and much more. This is also a must attend event for any foodies as the chances of you enjoying a home-cooked meal are high. In addition to savory dishes and entertainment, fall fairs also offer a chance to purchase seasonal crafts (possibly holiday gifts) from talented artisans.
Here is a list of some fall fairs that caught our eye. Enjoy! Do you know of a fall fair that is not on the list, but worth mentioning? Email us at info (at) casa – diseno (dot) com re: “Fall Fair” for our blog team to review.
12 Fall Fairs to Attend (in no particular order)
- Sackville Fall Fair – New Brunswick, Canada (September 20-23, 2012)
- 154th Annual Bolton Fall Fair - Bolton, Ontario (Canada) (September 21-23, 2012)
- 17th Annual Pass Creek Fall Fair - Castlegar, Canada (September 22-23, 2012)
- Cheery Cherry Fall Fair – Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin (September 23, 2012)
- 152nd Annual Elmvale Fall Fair – Elmvale, Ontario (Canada) (October 4-6, 2012)
- Foggy Mountain Fall Fair – Cumberland, British Columbia (October 5-6, 2012)
- 39th Annual Greenville Fall Craft Fair – Greenville, Wisconsin (October 7, 2012)
- Foothills Fall Festival – Maryville, Tennessee (October 12-14, 2012)
- 6th Annual Spanker Creek Farm Arts & Crafts Fair – Arkansas (October 17-21, 2012)
- 35th Annual Bernardo Winery Arts and Crafts Fair – San Diego, California (October 21-22, 2012)
- Decatur County Fall Festival & Fair – Bainbridge, Georgia (October 30-November 3, 2012)
- Haints, Haunts and Halloween – Baton Rouge, Louisiana (October 31, 2012)
When it comes to fall fairs, what are some must have things you need to make you happy?
Main image credit: Daniel Stevens